Are you the meticulous and quality driven Junior Administrator (internally known as Associate (Junior Officer)) we are looking for within Alternative Investment Administration (AIA) back-office team? Do you possess the right communication and analytical skills? Then we would love to hear your story.
In this role you are responsible for the following:
- daily actual execution and processing of financial transactions in our key financial/data systems (cashflows in/out, investment valuations);
- preparation of a wide variety of financial reports/data reports for your allocated investments. Some reports are sent to your stakeholders to enable them in their decision making process. Other reports are required by financial regulations and will be available to the broader public. All reports as a result have to be of high quality.
- Liaising with your internal stakeholders (external investment managers, Front Office portfolio managers, second line quality review departments, Accounting and Control, Cash management) to timely gather all necessary information to enable you to timely set up investments in our systems and start execution and recording of the transactions and reporting.
- Perform analysis/reconciliations on investment values received from external investment managers.
- Assist the Officers on team with analysis/data gathering type of work for Continuous Improvement Projects which are being led by them.
This role is a financial accounting and related controls/process role with exposure to several stakeholders involved. The AIA department you will be working for is a Backoffice team which takes care of the execution and administration of front to end transactions for our so called illiquid investments. Illiquid investments we take care of, are Real Estate, Infrastructure, Private Equity, Commodities and Credits.
The Alternative Investment Administration (AIA) is part of Asset Management Operations. The objectives of the Alternative Investment Administration team are to deliver accurate, timely and high quality products and services: deal implementation (deal set up in (financial) systems), commitment administration, processing of transactions, investment monitoring, daily, monthly and quarterly valuations review and data processing, costs reporting and back testing.
Crucial characteristics to be successful in this role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, inspirational colleague who can cope with stress, is convincing and is focused on delivering quality. A proactive work attitude comes natural to you and you possess well-developed analytical skills. You are meticulous and are able to collaborate easily with colleagues inside and outside the team. Your well-developed communication skills enable you to convey information clearly.
Furthermore we ask for:
- Professional and intellectual level obtained through a University education with 0 – 2 years of work experience. Your education should be financially focused (Accounting & Control, Economics, Audit etc.).
- You are constantly seeking ways to improve processes and know how to include your colleagues in this;
- You work in a structured way, have eye for detail (work meticulously) and as a result are able to handle/monitor multiple events at the same time;
- You follow up on actions described, finish things and actively approach other people/departments when needed to finish your tasks;
- Good communication skills in English and in Dutch (both at least C1 level, spoken and written);
- You are able to effectively received feedback and follow up on it;
- You already live and work in the Netherlands;
- Location Heerlen.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer title since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Wim van Empel at +31 6 1297 3427.
If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and cover letter.