Are you passionate about Real Estate and Infrastructure investing as well as Sustainability? Are you drawn to communication and making the difference to make our investment clients happy? Then this Investment Specialist vacancy at APG Asset Management will suit you!
As an Investment Specialist Real Assets based in Amsterdam, you will be part of a close team of seven investment specialists which are deployed within the different investment teams. The investment specialists work within the global investment teams to provide both internal and external stakeholders with the most relevant and necessary information about the investment portfolios, philosophy, investment process, positions and performance of specific investment products. As an investment specialist you will contribute to the delivery to fulfil stakeholders needs, understand and extract needs, and ensure a pleasant experience whilst growing satisfaction through digitalization.
The main responsibilities of the Investment Specialist Real Assets include the following:
- Work with the Global Head of Real Estate Investment Strategy and Global Head of Infrastructure Investment Strategy in executing their tasks and activities related to interaction with Fiduciary Management and other stakeholders;
- Serve as a point of contact for Fiduciary Management;
- Contribute to investment reporting by the Fund Control team and prepare/give presentations;
- Contribute and coordinate workflow with respect to Business Plans, Mandating Cycle, Annual Mandate Review;
- Build a database of presentations, RFP Q&As, signature investment examples;
- Contribute to improved existing reporting to match or exceed industry standards;
- Assist in refining policies and procedures with an eye towards best practice solutions;
- Support the digitalization roadmap within the CIO cluster.
The Real Assets group within APG Asset Management manages some of the world’s leading real estate, infrastructure and natural resources portfolios on behalf of pension fund clients. The global Real Assets portfolio value equals approximately EUR 60 billion. The in-house active management is performed by an experienced team of about 90 employees located in Amsterdam, Hong Kong and New York.
You will work closely with APG’s other investment specialists to ensure that presentations, RFI/database content, and other relevant materials are centrally stored and have a consistent lay-out across investment teams. You will also work in close cooperation with the Real Assets Fund Control team (consisting of 2 persons), which is responsible for the maintenance and further development of an internal reporting and operations platform of the asset classes Real Estate and Infrastructure. This platform serves our stakeholders for their information needs.
You will functionally report to the Global Head of Real Estate Investment Strategy and Global Head of Infrastructure Investment Strategy, whilst hierarchically reporting to the Head of Investment Specialists.
You are an independent and responsible investment specialist with good analytical skills. You like working in a devoted team and with colleagues throughout the organization. You are analytically strong, your work is accurate and your communication skills are more than well-developed including drafting storylines, presenting and writing skills (Dutch and English). You ask the right questions at the right moment and you are not afraid to ask for more information when necessary.
Additionally, you have:
- An academic degree in finance, economics, business administration or an equivalent qualification; Preferably you have acquired your CFA charter or an equivalent degree (e.g. VBA Investment Management, CAIA, etc.);
- Around 2-5 years relevant working experience in Infrastructure and/or Real Estate within an asset management or investment consultancy environment;
- A digital mindset; affinity with IT and digital competencies to support the digitalization roadmap within CIO;
- Verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
All investment specialists are based in Amsterdam, mainly due to the proximity to Fiduciary Management and Clients. However the team has a global scope and supports the CIO organization in Hong Kong and New York offices as well.
Your salary and benefits are competitive in the Dutch labor market. As a certified Top Employer
we offer you a challenging and appealing work environment with excellent benefits, so you are able to continually grow on a personal and professional level, maintaining a healthy work-life balance at the same time. We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
Who are we?
APG Asset Management is part of pension provider APG and one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. As a member of our organization you’ll contribute to the pensions for 4.7 million people. Our core belief is that our ability to improve investment decision making using data and digital technologies will define our future success. We have been engaging on an ambitious multi-year digitalization journey, and need talent to drive that further.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komaromi, Corporate Recruiter, at +31 (6) 12417927. If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and covering letter.