Are you a highly-motivated developer with preferably Markit EDM and SQL programming skills and eager to participate in the area of Asset Management? Do you have relevant education in e.g. Computer Science or Software Engineering?
The team Data Management is at the heart of the shared service department Orchestration & Integration and responsible for the core master data management solution. Data from our system is used throughout the Asset Management organization. Quality is therefore key.
As a developer within the Data Management team, you will get involved within several facets of the domain. Your main focus will be participating in the development and maintenance of our 2 Markit EDM instances.
You are motivated to process the requested business changes in the smartest way, but also want to be a sparring partner for the team and product owner in terms of technical solutions and longer term vision. You have good problem solving skills.
You are an enthusiastic T-shaped team player that will mainly develop, but will also carry out business analysis, make designs, have experience with performance tuning, test new functionalities and support the business in their business needs. You like working in a dynamic and changing environment and you are eager to bring in new ideas.
Your work is based in Amsterdam or Heerlen, depending where you live, but you are willing to travel to the other office when required.
The Agile Developer role we are looking for is solution oriented and always sees opportunities. You take ownership and responsibility by nature and you have a pragmatic attitude. We would like you to be result oriented without losing sight of quality.
- You have a degree (preferably master) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant area, or experience in working on a level comparable with a Master’s degree;
- You have at least five years of working experience in programming and data processing;
- You have strong development knowledge. Experience with Markit EDM, SQL Server and PSQL is preferred;
- You are able to and have experience in quickly solving complex problems, learn new frameworks and implementations;
- You should be willing to keep up with new developments in programming languages, and have a good understanding of IT infrastructures;
- You should have highly developed communication skills and can easily communicate in English and Dutch (both verbal and in writing)
- A clear interest in financial markets is a plus.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.7 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary and a quality pension scheme, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Wim van Empel, recruiter, at +31 (0)6 12 97 34 27 or via email@example.com.
If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and cover letter.