As an active asset manager, APG AM is pursuing attractive investment returns and
strong risk management. Investing pension assets is about more than just financial
results. This is why responsible investment within APG Asset Management is closely
embedded in the investment process. In all investment decisions we consider
environmental and social aspects and the quality of governance. The compliance
function has a role in this supporting and critically challenging role.
The compliance program of APG AM has been established to ensure the
preservation of the APG’s reputation and integrity through compliance with applicable
laws, regulations and ethical standards in each market in which it operates.
The Compliance department (9 FTE) assists in creating and maintaining an efficient
and effective compliance. Devotion to the highest integrity standards and respect for
our business values are expected from each employee. Compliance topics (MiFID II,
AIFMD, Sanction Act, IT Security, AML and GDPR) are all embedded in the core
processes of APG AM and actively managed from legal and reporting perspective.
Asset Management is a highly data-driven environment with strict security
regulations. Information security has become one of the main pillars of Compliance;
not only to meet regulatory requirements, but perhaps more importantly, to improve
Within APG AM, IT Security is centred around the requirements of (international)
regulators, security framework and client’s contractual terms; due diligence in the
protection of its digital assets.
Compliance is acting independently and pro-actively to all stakeholders and to the
regulators. The Compliance department reports directly to the Board
As Compliance Officer you believe that integrity is the basis for the realization of the
targets of APG Asset Management, its clients, and their participants. As a
professional you are recognized by your knowledge of laws and regulations and your
capability to make this tangible to other areas of expertise within APG AM.
Based on knowledge and experience, and personal skills you are a sparring partner
about IT security and compliance implications of APG AMs policies, its products,
transactions, strategies and structures. You monitor the activities of the organization
and if necessary, you draw a line. You keep compliance well integrated in the
business and ensure that APG AM acts in accordance with the applicable laws and
As Compliance Officer you have spent the majority of your career in financial
services and familiar with international regulatory technical standards within Asset
We ask for:
- a professional who is highly organized and have the ability to work independently.
- You know how to set priorities in a demanding work environment keeping your eyes to the target and delivering the highest standards and striving to continuous improvement in your profession.
- You are an expert in compliance for asset management, and you can acquaint
yourself with new regulations and translate these to policies, guidelines and advise to
- As Compliance Officer you are responsible keeping the organization in the heightened awareness regarding data privacy and data protection.
- Your communication skills give you the ability to interact with your colleague within
the Compliance department as well as with colleagues of other departments.
- You can be flexible if that is possible or firm if that is required.
- You know how to connect with people at all levels in the organization, while staying independent in your professional judgement.
- As a professional you know how to organize your projects and assignments with
other departments. To make sure that all stakeholders collaborate effectively, you
take the lead in setting clear, collective objectives, determining clear roles and
agreeing to standards for cooperation and communication.
- You are a team player, connecting people, profit and planet.
- Your indebt knowledge provides you with arguments with which you can convince – always looking at best option for the participants.
As regulations could be complex in itself, you are able to simplify compliance and tocreate support with which the mission of APG can be realized in an effective and
- You are curious and flexible always looking for improvement and innovation. You take initiatives and responsibility; you have attention to detail while having the ability to see the big picture.
- Integrity and confidentiality are key requirements for working within APG.
- Fluency in Dutch (as a native) and a good command of English is essential.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.7 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer title since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
Wie zijn wij?
APG AM is supported by Vroom & Van den Heuvel Executive Search in the recruitment of Compliance Officers https://www.vroomheuvel.com/en/expert-areas/risk-compliance
For more information about the specific details of this position, please contact Maarten Reuchlin (+31702199414) or Karin de Ronde Bresser (+31702199418).
We invite you to apply to this vacancy by sending your application (including motivation letter), to the attention of Karin de Ronde Bresser, Consultant Banking & Investments at Vroom & Van den Heuvel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications directly addressed to APG Asset Management will not be processed.