APG manages the pension assets (€540 billion, as of December 2019) of around 4.5 million Dutch citizens and is the largest pension provider in the Netherlands. As a financial services provider, we offer asset management, executive consultancy, pension administration services, and supplementary income solutions. We aim to be a financially sound and flexible organization, which can provide improved income for clients in a sustainable manner. We have offices in Amsterdam, Heerlen, New York and Hong Kong.
The Global Private Equity department of APG manages approximately EUR 30 billion and consists of 37 professionals, of which 31 are based in New York, four in Amsterdam and two in Hong Kong. In 2019 the first steps for a further expansion of the global PE team to the Hong Kong office have been taken. The New York team is currently responsible for committing new capital to maintain our clients’ target exposure, current strategically set at around 6% of AuM, and comprises Funds, Co-Investments and Secondary transactions.
A further expansion of the global private equity team in Amsterdam is currently taking place. The team is expected to grow from four to eight professionals of which three of the new additions will be focused on underwriting new fund commitments and monitoring the existing primary fund commitments in Europe. The rest of the team in Amsterdam will mainly focus on the monitoring of the Fund of Funds portfolio and performing portfolio analytics, among others.
We are looking for a (Senior) Associate to join the private equity team in Amsterdam. The (Senior) Associate will be responsible for supporting the (Senior) Portfolio Managers primarily in the execution of primary fund commitments. The role emphasizes overall analysis of new fund investments in the portfolio as well as the ongoing monitoring of a portfolio of around ten active GP relationships in Europe. The role responsibilities include developing a network of GP, LP and placement agent relationships by participating in conferences, AGMs and other industry initiatives, analyzing track records and closely collaborating with other team members in deal related activities.
You will join one of the largest and most influential private equity programs globally. The funds underwriting team in Amsterdam will be composed of four professionals working alongside eleven professionals in New York and two in Hong Kong. The funds team works in close collaboration with the rest of the global private equity team members, including the dedicated Co-Investments, Secondaries, Fund of Funds & Analytics and mid-office teams.
The (Senior) Associate will have the opportunity to work alongside professionals across the different offices, and we are hence looking for a person with a global mindset, strong communication and digitalization skills and the drive to grow in the private equity industry.
- Perform analyses to assist in the selection process of appropriate investment opportunities, including relative assessment of strategy, organization, track record and terms/conditions of General Partners
- Support portfolio managers in the APG decision-making process, including involvement in the due diligence process and the preparation of internal investment proposals
- Monitor performance of fund commitments and underlying portfolio companies, including providing support in the internal fund review process
- Develop a network with peer professionals from the GP, LP and placement agent communities
- Contribute on digitalization efforts within the team
- Contribute to the aspirations of the team and APG to be a global leader in responsible investing
- Help maintain a funds database and execute related reporting
The (Senior) Associate we are looking for is a team player that can work independently. You communicate clearly, have affinity with digitalization in a broad sense, have strong financial modelling and data management capabilities as well as good soft skills, you are a critical thinker, a team player and you have the right mindset to act as a long-term responsible investor.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in the field of finance with prior fund investment, private equity or investment banking experience preferred
- An excellent academic record with a master’s degree in finance, business, economics or related fields. CFA charter holder or willingness to pursue
- Excellent communication skills in English, including ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form, while command of the Dutch language is viewed favorably.
- Team player with a collaborative attitude
- Attention to detail and strong financial modelling skills
- An international mindset and willingness to travel
- A mindset for innovation and digitalization
APG supports a healthy work-life balance and encourages personal development. Salary and benefits are competitive in the Dutch labor market.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to an attractive salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer title every year since 2008.
Wie zijn wij?
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
Please apply by sending us your CV and a motivation letter .
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komáromi at +31 (0)6 12 41 79 27.