Our core belief is that our ability to improve investment decision making using data and digital technologies will define our future success. We have been engaging on an ambitious multi-year digitalization journey, and need talent to drive that further.
As Head of the Product Specialist team you will be leading a team of approximately 5-7 product specialists. The product specialists work within the global investment teams to provide both internal and external clients with the most relevant and necessary information about the investment portfolios, including but not limited to explaining the investment philosophy, investment (support) process, positions and performance of specific investment products. Next to that, the team safeguards consistency in investment supporting processes.
The product specialists will also be digital enablers within CIO; i.e. they support the digitalization roadmap within the CIO cluster. Examples include the standardization of processes and models, enhance data & tool quality and define synergies across the investment teams.
As Head of the team you will be leading the product specialists and you will be hierarchically reporting to the Managing Director Business Management CIO. The Product Specialists will be deployed within different investment teams. As such the product specialist will functionally report to the Department Head or Global Head of Strategy of Capital Markets Investments, Private Investments and/or Multi Asset, respectively. The team will consist of approximately 5-7 FTE and will be based in Amsterdam, mainly due to the proximity to Fiduciary Management and Clients. However the team will have a global scope and support the CIO organization in Hong Kong and New York offices as well.
The main responsibilities of the Head of Product Specialists will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Build up the new Product Specialists team and head a team of approximately 5-7 FTE;
- Demonstrate an inclusive, enabling and participatory leadership approach with individuals and teams;
- Support the different investment teams and encourage learning and development with non-investment related activities such as reporting on investment philosophy, process, positions & performance etc.;
- Support the team in promoting investment strategies internally and externally;
- First point of contact for Client Management, Fiduciary Management, Operations and IT;
- Create investment reporting and give presentations;
- Contribute to due diligence, RFP requests;
- Contribute to and coordinate workflow with respect to Business Plans, Mandating Cycle, Annual Mandate Review;
- Build a database of presentations, RFP Q&As, investment examples ESG;
- Improving existing processes and reporting to match or exceed industry standards;
- Liaise with global colleagues, develop and refine policies and procedures with an eye towards best practice solutions and safeguard a robust, consistent and transparent investment (support) process;
- Enact and enforce policies and processes across the different Asset Classes to ensure a globally consistent investment process;
- Support the digitalization roadmap within the CIO cluster.
- You have an academic degree in finance, economics, business administration or an equivalent qualification;
- Preferably you have acquired your CFA charter or an equivalent degree (e.g. VBA Investment Management degree, CAIA, etc.);
- Affinity with IT and digital competencies to support the digitalization roadmap within CIO;
- You have at least 10 years relevant working experience in investment related jobs;
- You are ambitious, self-driven and comfortable operating in a demanding, performance oriented work environment;
- Extensive knowledge of:
- developments in specific asset-classes;
- asset management processes and typical mandating requirements;
- broad understanding of the business of APG AM, its investment strategies, products and processes.
- Excellent communication, client relationship management, and marketing/sales skills;
- An excellent command of the English and Dutch language (both verbally and in writing); strong presentation skills;
- Having excellent stakeholder management and bonding skills;
- Strong leadership skills. Provide operational leadership and ensure the successful alignment of goals and objectives. Provide leadership and guidance to staff;
- Experience in building and developing a team;
- Digital mindset.
|APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer title since 2008.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komáromi at +31 (0)6 12 41 79 27. If you are the person we are looking for we would like to invite you to apply, complete the form and upload your CV and cover letter.