The Junior Quant Portfolio Manager will be responsible for development, maintenance and improvement of several cash flow projection models that will serve multiple purposes and objectives. The junior quant will focus on financial-econometric research for the benefit of the global Private Equity department. We have built a database of Private Equity Cash flows containing a long history of PE investments, which we deem sufficient to do significant and meaningful portfolio analysis on, the database consists of over 250 K cash flows stemming back over 20 years. Furthermore there is significant amount of benchmark data available in the market place to base several analysis on. You will be placed in a team of 4 portfolio managers overseeing the Fund of Funds investment within Private Equity and together you will do analysis for the purpose of supporting the Private Equity Equity team in their investment activities in general and to provide portfolio advise for our clients, Dutch Pension Funds. As the overall tasks of the team are generally very divers team tasks, while a lot are not very quantitative, we are looking for a portfolio manager with next to strong quantitative skills also strong soft skills. Specific knowledge of the private equity space is a positive but not required, we expect to need to be educating the junior quant portfolio manager on the job.
- Overseeing the maintenance and development of database and data sources such that they are up to date and easily accessible in the right format
- Setting up several analysis for repetitive analysis on regular basis as well as easily accessible analysis for ad hoc purposes
- Support portfolio management globally with ad-hoc analysis
- Development of analytical tools for the support of portfolio managers
- Keep track of quantitative research developments in the field of Private Equity
- Build knowledge in the field of Private Equity and combine the knowledge with the Quantitative skills to bring alternative solutions to problems portfolio managers face.
- Monitor and manage performance of Fund of Funds commitments through evaluation against targets
- Serve as influential and competent advisor to internal stakeholders and clients
The Junior Quant Portfolio Manager we are looking for is a self-confident actor in the work environment. You communicate clearly, have strong quantitative analytical skills as well as good soft skills, a high degree of integrity, you are a critical thinker, you are a team player and you have the right mind-set to act as a long-term responsible investor.
- Master of Science preferably in econometrics, mathematics or physics.
- 1-3 years of work experience as a quant in a financial institution, preferably on illiquid investments
- Pro-active, hands-on, pragmatic and collaborative approach
- CFA designation (part or in total) viewed favorably
- Excellent (global) communication in the English language while command of the Dutch language is viewed favorably.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary and a quality pension scheme, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives.
APG is an excellent company to work for, both because of its dynamic and supportive atmosphere and also because of the opportunities we offer for continued development. Within APG, you will be able to receive the education and training you need to continue to perform at your best.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komáromi at +31 (0)6 12 41 7927. If you are the person we are looking for we would like to invite you to apply, complete the form and upload your CV and cover letter.