You will be part of a global team of 18 Responsible Investment & Governance experts that guard the implementation of the Responsible Investment Policy, on behalf of APG’s Pension fund clients, across all asset classes in the EUR 500bn portfolio. APG’s clients have expressed clear ambitions for 2020 on Responsible Investing in the area of e.g. making investments that contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and will increase their investments in private markets.Driven to make a difference for a more sustainable world through investing you understand the inherent sustainability and governance risks and opportunities. Working closely with the portfolio management, risk and other teams, you will implement and continue to advance APG’s approach to responsible investing in private markets, especially private equity and hedge funds.
- You will implement and continue to advance APG’s approach to responsible investing in global private markets, especially private equity and hedge funds.
- Working closely with the portfolio management, risk and other teams, you will review and sign-off on investment proposals and present at the Committee of Investment Proposals
- You will engage with and monitor managers and engage with industry initiatives to advance market practices
- You will represent APG at industry initiatives
- You will be part of the global GRIG team and contribute to its processes and continuous development
We are looking for someone that is persuasive, has a high degree of integrity and is a critical thinker. We also expect:
- A person who thrives in a dynamic environment and possesses strong intercultural and communication skills.
- Intrinsically motivated to work on sustainability and governance issues within an investment environment.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- At least Master level education in a relevant subject, such as law, business or finance.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in a corporate environment in business, investment or legal roles.
APG Asset Management US Inc. (APG US) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Wie zijn wij?