The new colleague we are looking for will be working for the AM IT department (part of APG Asset Management). This department is divided into multiple agile teams. Agile teams are cross-functionally diverse and sufficient. They are comprised of team members that collectively have the skills to get the job done every iteration. Our flexible and high-performing agile teams are composed of members with T-shaped skills.
The department AM IT supports the business in its current and future needs for IT solutions and processes and the continuity of these solutions and processes.
Together with your team members, you are responsible for translating the business’s functional needs into working IT solutions and processes, the focus of this team lies on the further implementation and enhancement of Alternative Investments Value Stream. The team in which you will work in consists of approximately 14 colleagues.
Your work location will be Heerlen.
As a Technical Application Manager you manage a set of applications, are responsible for one or a limited set of live services for the general health, incident and problem resolution and request fulfillment of standard requests.
You adhere to the established processes and incident resolution methodology and practices, while carrying out your responsibilities. This includes meeting established quality and security standards.
Are you a person who thinks not only in terms of systems, but also in terms of solutions? Do you have good technical knowledge, and preferably experience in financial services? Then we would like to hear your story.
On behalf of the Alternative Investments team at APG Asset Management (APG AM), we are looking for a Technical Application Manager. In this role, you focus specifically on the platform implemented for Alternative Investments (FrontInvest from eFront). This platform is made available from the Netherlands for all APG AM’s locations (the Netherlands, New York, and Hong Kong).
As a Technical Application Manager you are responsible for, among other things:
- Management of service expectations;
- Acting as an intermediair between business and in- and external suppliers;
- Act as third line support, restoration of service and request fulfillment
- Ensure capacity planning data provision for the services;
- Oversee and ensure appropriate implementation of & adherence to security standards
- Manage the maintenance of infrastructure availability, reliability, maintainability, serviceability & continuity requirements;
- Resolve the underlying cause of service interruption, and minimize the adverse impact of an application-related service disruption by performing resolution activities, escalation, and problem record updates;
- Supporting our first- and second-line support in the event of complex disruptions and issues;
- Advice on technical solution direction/choices and drive them to a decision;
- Interact with both team as well as end users – front office, back office, IT;
- Supporting system, integration, end user testing and deployments;
- Maintain the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity provision for selected services.
As a Technical Application Manager, you are a specialist in finding technical solutions. You think in terms of opportunities, and are service minded. Taking ownership and accepting responsibility comes naturally to you; you have a pragmatic attitude and are motivated to deliver quality. You have a willingness to develop or enhance your t-shaped skills.
Additionally we ask for:
- At least a higher professional degree in IT or software engineering;
- At least 5 years of experience in technical application management;
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, team player;
- Experience with Agile working is a plus;
- Preferably experience with the FrontInvest application;
- Preferably knowledge & experience in Alternative Investments Products and Processes;
- Strong consulting skills;
- Highly developed communication skills in English.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Wim van Empel, Corporate Recruiter, at +31 (0)6 1297 3427.
If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and covering letter.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.