The Technical Application Manager is responsible for maintenance and (technical) support of the MarkLogic environment. MarkLogic is a document store which is the central storage for regulatory obligations. It functions as the central basis for both reporting and analysis.
The Application Manager performs as service owner for a set of applications, is responsible for one or a limited set of live services for the general health, incident and problem resolution and request fulfillment of standard requests not performed by the Service Desk.
Responsibilities of the Application Manager include for the relevant applications within a specified domain: management / responsibility for NFR’s, management of service expectations, intermediary between business, internal / external suppliers and deployments; act as second line support, restoration of service and request fulfilment that cannot be completed by the Service Desk.
The Application Manager adheres to the established processes and incident resolution methodology and practices, while performing their responsibilities. This includes meeting established quality and security standards.
APG is in the midst of a transformation to Agile working l DevOps working l collaborating based on SAFe. We are working in Scrum teams delivering per sprint and having our daily stand-ups.
Scope of responsibility:
- continuity of requested service levels for relevant set of applications;
- second level, specialized contribution to minimize application-related service disruptions, problems and to structurally guarantee continuity in business;
- testing of workarounds and application changes;
- maintain solid relations with suppliers for incident resolution and request fulfillment;
- meeting established security standards;
- orientation on specified domain/specific set of applications.
Stand by services services in technical application management schedule is part of the job.
- proven knowledge (expert level) of Linux operating system;
- preferable knowledge and demonstrated experience of MarkLogic;
- preferable knowledge and demonstrated experience of Gradle, tomcat and ADFS
- knowledge of and experience in an Agile environment and diverse Agile methodes: Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), DevOps and/or Lean;
- experience in Service Delivery;
- basic understanding of application testing methodology and best practices;
- basic understanding of day to day database administration;
- development and analytical skills;
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally (Dutch and English);
- ensure appropriate knowledge and ownership of the limited set of applications and its processes;
- self-motivated, able to work independently;
- never loses focus on the end goal.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Wim van Empel, Corporate Recruiter, at +31 (0)6 1297 3427.
If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and covering letter.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.