Besides conducting day-to-day risk monitoring activities (including risk oversight), your main set of responsibilities is captured by:
- Performing ongoing risk monitoring on client investment portfolios and the investments within the ‘assets class’ Asset Allocation & Overlay (hedging strategies and tactical asset allocation);
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and update of quantitative analytics to support the client risk monitoring framework;
- Carry out comprehensive risk reporting on client product offerings and take ownership of risk monitoring and management processes;
- Providing a risk advice /opinion on client product offerings;
- Review and assess (Strategic and Annual) Investment Plan per Client+
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of risk and performance measurement and attribution methodologies in consultation with other team members;
- Acting as 2nd line Risk Management representative towards external stakeholders (Clients, Regulator, Auditor) and representing the CFRO/IRM department in the Client / Asset Class Review & Annual Mandate (Overarching) Review process;
- Perform a second line risk management role towards building block Asset Allocation & Overlay, Strategic Portfolio Advice (Economics & SAA and ALM) and the Investment Committee.
- Providing (Client) Risk reporting towards the Investment Committee, Asset Management Risk Committee and Clients (directly / indirectly);
As a Financial Risk Manager you will work for the Investment Risk Management (IRM) team of APG Asset Management. As a second line risk management department, IRM is involved in each step of the investment decision making process starting from ALM and Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) to individual asset classes, funds, portfolios and asset lines. The broad set of responsibilities and activities is clustered in three teams: an Asset Risk Management, a Client Risk and Performance Management and a Risk Analytics team. The abovementioned role is vacant within the Client Risk and Performance Management team. All CRPM team members are located in the Netherlands.
The Financial Risk Manager we are looking for has a high level of self-confidence and well-developed communication skills. You are hands-on and a real team player. Accuracy, pro-activeness and self-motivation come naturally to you.
Additionally we ask for:
- A University degree in Finance or a similar background;
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in an asset management environment of which a substantial part within a risk management role or position;
- Knowledge of financial instruments, financial markets, a broad scope of asset classes, ALM, and the operating model of pension funds;
- Good technical knowledge of asset allocation and portfolio construction concepts;
- RM4 (Riskmetrics) skills are a plus; knowledge of Alteryx and/or Qlik as nice/to/have;
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable interacting with senior management and working within a large organization with multiple stakeholders;
- A good command of the English and Dutch language (oral and written).
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end allowance, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komaromi, corporate recruiter, at +31 (0)6 12 41 79 27. If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and covering letter.
If you are the person we are looking for, click on apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and cover letter.