APG Asset Management is hiring a Data Scientist to join the Innovation@AM team.
Data science skills are important in the investment process, given the growing availability of (alternative) data and computational power. APG AM is at the forefront of these developments to extend our position as a market leading, responsible investor. We are also at the forefront of statistical modelling and routinely apply advanced solutions/methodologies, driven by business challenges.
In this role you will help to experiment with- and build these state-of-the-art data and AI driven Asset Management decision making solutions. Focused on realizing higher returns / pension value, responsible investing or higher efficiencies. With your professional skills and personality you are able to inspire colleagues and execute market leading data science solutions together with them. As well as connect with business sponsors to make sure these solutions are focused and valuable in practice.
This is an ideal function for candidates who are passionate about data science and are comfortable working in a demanding, fast-pace and dynamic environment. It’s a unique opportunity to become part of a growing team, where you will have real impact on Responsible Investing
You will be reporting directly to the Head of Innovation and Strategic sourcing. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test and develop investment decision making tools in an experimental setting;
- Coordinate and/or execute data science experiments, mostly as part of a team;
- Feature engineering and data exploration from various data sources, so as to generate new actionable ideas/insights;
- Present and discuss findings with senior business stakeholders;
- Work with colleagues from a.o. IT and business to create scalable, future proof solutions for successful experiments;
- As member of the innovation team, contributing and providing inputs for productive discussions, develop vision and prepare decision making for senior management.
You will be based in Amsterdam.
- A Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field;
- At least 3-5 years data science (related) work experience;
- Excellent programming skills in Python/R. Able to write clear, clean and testable code;
- Good working knowledge of modern machine learning methodologies;
- Strong ability to understand mathematical models and complex statistical models / methods;
- Able to handle large sets of structured and unstructured data sources.
- Strong ability to connect ‘technical’ expertise to key business stakeholders;
- Good knowledge of- or willingness to learn about / get certificates on financial markets and asset management.
- Familiarity with tools such as Shiny, Qlik, JS and D3;
- Familiarity with different data-base tools such as SQL, MongoDB, solR;
- Familiar with Git or similar version control tools;
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Azure and distributed computing.
- Results oriented. Able to deliver useful solutions in a timely manner;
- Team player - within the team and with in- and external innovation partners/stakeholders;
- Willing to go the extra mile / to be bold (practically and creatively);
- Good communication skills in English and preferably Dutch.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer title since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Eran Raviv (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Wim van Empel (email@example.com.).
If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and cover letter.