An extensive review of each manager’s policy and procedure documentation and development of a customized meeting agenda
- Based on specific information requests reviewing and assessing the respective operational due diligence information provided by portfolio managers and / or external managers and sharing with the portfolio managers the observations/findings of review as early as possible in the investment process
- Conducting interviews (frequently with C-level management) designed to evaluate each manager’s internal controls and processes and based on findings of initial review performed.
- Production of a written report highlighting concerns and remediation requirements.
- Ability to marshal facts and arguments to support approval or rejection of investment managers.
- Development of a risk-scoring methodology to rank operational risks and efficiently deploy resources.
- Liaising with colleagues to develop and refine policies and procedures with an eye toward best practice solutions
MBA degree, preferably in finance, accounting or other investment related discipline.
- (in case of senior role) A minimum of seven to ten years of financial services experience with exposure to operational due diligence (or direct fund manager experience); in a related capacity; a background in Asset Management is highly preferred. In case of a medior position a 3 to 5 year relevant experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of investment manager operational frameworks and best practices
- Ability to multi-task and an extreme detail orientation.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel abroad.
- A self starter, pro-active and motivated to create positive change; a “yes can do” mentality
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer title since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. We would like to invite you to apply.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komaromi, Recruitment, at +31 (0)6 12 41 79 27 If you are the person we are looking for please apply, complete the form and upload your CV and covering letter.