Are you a self-confident Financial Risk Manager with well developed communication skills and experience in an asset management environment? Do you enjoy providing risk advices on new investment proposals and interacting with other Risk Managers and Portfolio Managers in an international atmosphere? Then this is your chance.
APG Asset Management is looking for an experienced Financial Risk Manager within the Investment Risk Management team to maintain and further develop the teams suite of deliverables and its risk advices. In this challenging role you will be focused on performing risk monitoring and managing activities for asset classes linked to Real Assets (eg Real Assets, Infrastructure) containing investments in private and/or public/listed markets.
Besides conducting day-to-day risk monitoring and managing activities (including risk oversight), your main set of responsibilities is captured by:
- Providing risk advice/sign-off on new investment proposals for Real Asset asset classes (building blocks) in the respective investment committee;
- Performing ongoing risk monitoring on existing investments within the context of the respective assets class;
- Conducting maintenance and development on the risk models used;
- Acting as 2nd line Risk Management representative towards external stakeholders (Clients, Regulator, Auditor) and representing the CFRO/IRM department in the Building Block Review & Annual Mandate Review process;
- Reviewing and opining on business plans (for the respective building block).
- Carry out investment risk assessment, conduct financial analysis and discuss risk evaluations with portfolio managers, formulate risk advice for APG’s Investment Committees
- Carry out comprehensive risk reporting on APG’s alternative asset classes product offerings and take ownership of risk monitoring and management processes
- Overtime take ownership and demonstrate leadership in processes such as proposal evaluation, risk advice generation, risk reporting and monitoring and client assignments
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and update of quantitative analytics to support the global risk monitoring framework for existing investments for the alternative investments managed by APG
- Coordinate with other CFRO units (External Reporting, Operational Risk Management, Business Control) and with front and back offices
- Support the team’s compliance monitoring process to ensure that funds operate according to approved fund characteristics and risk guidelines on an ongoing basis
- Run and participate in projects to achieve company milestones set by the management.
- Analyze and interpret information and provide advice to management as requested
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of risk and performance measurement and attribution methodologies in consultation with other CFRO team members.
As a Financial Risk Manager at APG Asset Management, you are hands-on and a real team player. You are good conceptual and analytical thinker who knows how to gain the right data to support your vision and thereby to achieve your goals. You are not afraid to give your opinion. You strongly believe that your role is not limited to monitoring, but that your advice is an important part of the investment process and as such a contribution to the decision making process within APG-Asset Management. Accuracy, pro-activeness and self-motivation come naturally to you.
Furthermore we are seeking for a person with:
- A university degree in Finance (or a similar background);
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in an asset management environment of which a substantial part within a risk management role or position;
- Knowledge of financial instruments, financial markets, private markets, and the operating model of pension funds;
- Experience or affinity with risk management activities and analyzing alternative investments for the asset classes Real Estate / Infrastructure / Private Markets;
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with a strong understanding of risk management practices (qualitative and quantitative)
- Strong understanding of alternative investment strategies and risk management issues from origination through wind-down processes;
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable interacting with senior management and working within a large organization with multiple stakeholders
- An excellent command of the English language (written and spoken). A good command of the Dutch language is preferred.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer title since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives.
APG is an excellent company to work for, both because of its dynamic and supportive atmosphere and also because of the opportunities we offer for continued development. Within APG, you will be able to receive the education and training you need to continue to perform at your best.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komáromi at +31 (0)6 12 41 7927. If you are the person we are looking for we would like to invite you to apply, complete the form and upload your CV and cover letter. Applications for this position will be accepted until 31th of March inclusive.
Subsequently, the CV selection will be carried out and you will be notified of the outcome