Are you a Developer who thinks not only in terms of systems, but also in terms of solutions? Do you have a good knowledge of MarkLogic, building queries, Java, good developed Consultant skills and experience in Financial Services? Then we would like to hear your story.
For our Regulatory Reporting team at APG Asset Management (APG AM), we are looking for a developer / consultant with knowledge of MarkLogic. In this role, you focus specifically on the platform implemented for Regulatory Reporting (MarkLogic).
As a developer you are responsible for, among other things:
- Analyzing business needs that have already been defined in relation to systems and processes, and developing and implementing feasible solutions to satisfy these needs;
- Contributing to the (further) development of strategies and MarkLogic is used for this;
- Supporting our first- and second-line support in the event of complex disruptions and issues;
- Producing reports;
- Share & transfer knowledge on MarkLogic to the team members;
- Advice on solution direction/choices and drive them to a decision;
- Advice on common/leading market practice solutions & processes;
- Challenge & validate application designs;
- Provide training;
- Interact with both team as well as end users – front office, IT;
- Supporting system, integration, end user testing and deployments.
The new colleague we are looking for will be working for the AM-IT department. This department is divided into multiple agile teams. Agile teams are cross-functionally diverse and sufficient. They are comprised of team members that collectively have the skills to get the job done every iteration. Our flexible and high-performing agile teams are composed of members with T-shaped skills.
The AM IT supports the business in its current and future needs for IT solutions and processes and the continuity of these solutions and processes.
Together with your team members, you are responsible for translating the business’s functional needs into working IT solutions and processes, the focus of this team lies on the further implementation and enhancement of the Regulatory Reporting Value Stream. The team in which you will work in consists of approximately 20 colleagues.
Your work location will be Amsterdam.
As a MarkLogic Developer, you are a specialist in finding solutions. You think in terms of opportunities, and are service minded. Taking ownership and accepting responsibility comes naturally to you; you have a pragmatic attitude and are motivated to deliver quality. You have a willingness to develop or enhance your t-shaped skills.
Additionally we ask for:
- At least a higher professional degree in IT or software engineering;
- More than 3 years’ experience in software development, preferably also with MarkLogic;
- At least three years of demonstrated work experience with data modeling and data querying;
- Preferably experience with Java, AngularJS, Gradle, Tomcat;
- Knowledge & experience in Regulatory Reporting Products and Processes;
- Strong consulting skills, experienced level;
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, team player;
- Able to challenge team and end users;
- Experience with Agile working is a plus;
- Highly developed communication skills in English.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives.'
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Wim van Empel, recruiter, at +31 (0)6 12 97 34 27 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and cover letter.