Are you a highly-motivated developer with .NET and SQL Server skills and eager to participate in the area of Asset Management? Do you have a relevant education in Computer Science and/or Software Engineering?
Within the value stream Quantitative & Responsible Investments innovative “green” solutions are made to help the world become a more healthier and safer living environment.
As a developer within the value stream Quantitative & Responsible Investments, you will get involved within several facets of the Quantitative and Responsible Investment Decision Support domain. Your main focus will be participating in developing and maintaining our Quantitative Investments Decision Support platform (an in-house developed .NET/SQL solution).
A side from that you will be supporting the team in the building Reports and SQL solutions in off- the-shelve applications like Markit EDM and Code Red (Factset).
You are motivated to translate complex, (un)structured datasets for usage in scientific programming languages like Matlab, R or Python, but also want to support our Quantitive and Responsible investments teams will their data related needs.
You are an enthusiastic team player that will carry out business analysis, design, develop and test new functionalities and support the business in their business needs. You like working in a dynamic and changing environment and you are eager to bring in new ideas and share among the teams.
Your work is based in Amsterdam but you are willing to travel occasionally to the Heerlen office.
The Agile Developer role we are looking for is solution oriented and always sees opportunities. You take ownership and responsibility by nature and you have a pragmatic attitude. We would like you to be result oriented without losing sight of quality.
Additionally we ask for:
- You have a bachelor degree (preferably master) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant area;
- You have at least two years of working experience in programming and data processing;
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft platform (C#.NET, SQL Server). Experience with Matlab, R or Python is preferred;
- You are willing to help with SQL (Report) development/customization to off the shelve data-driven applications like Markit EDM and Code Red (Factset). Some experience in SQL Reports Service is preferred;
- You are able to and have experience in quickly solving complex problems, learn new frameworks and implementations;
- You should be willing to keep up with new developments in programming languages, and have a good understanding of IT infrastructures;
- You should show a clear interest in financial markets and specifically in equity and sustainable investments;
- You should have highly developed communication skills and can easily communicate in English (both verbal and in writing).
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives.'
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Wim van Empel, recruiter, at +31 (0)6 12 97 34 27 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and cover letter.