The ESAA team is part of Strategic Portfolio Advice (SPA) with the Fiduciary department. SPA is responsible for the strategic asset allocation advice to our pension fund clients. This includes for example the strategic investment plans, ALM studies but also a range of other services such as an overview and segmentation of asset classes and investment cases for each asset class. You will work closely with the teams of ALM, Research, Mandate Management and your other colleagues within ESAA who are focused on Strategic Portfolio Construction.
You will be based in our Amsterdam office.
The specialist we are looking for is articulate and of an inquisitive mindset. You have experience in building relations and engaging with colleagues across the breadth of the organisation and a range of clients. You show a strong team spirit combined with an ability to work independently on a wide range of projects simultaneously.
We ask for:
- At least 5 years of relevant and practical experience in economic analysis, asset class modelling or (multi asset) portfolio management;
- A deep understanding of capital markets and macro-economics and a good intuition for the interactions between the two;
- Preferably specific experience in alternative assets classes such as private equity, debt, real estate, infrastructure, natural resources and public market alternatives (hedge fund strategies);
- Ability to distill the essence of economic and financial arguments into clearly written text and in clear, engaging, presentations;
- Completely at ease with data- and statistical software (including, but not limited to, Bloomberg, Excel and R);
- Capacity to develop your role to innovate, to adapt to rapidly evolving needs and to implement change;
Fluency in Dutch (as a native) and a good command of English is essential.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komáromi at +31 (0)6 12 41 7927. If you are the person we are looking for we would like to invite you to click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and covering letter.
Subsequently, the selection will be carried out and you will be notified of the outcome.