As Buy Side Developer you will be part of the real assets group within APG Asset Management that manages some of the world’s leading real estate, infrastructure and natural resources portfolios on behalf of pension fund clients. The global portfolio value currently exceeds EUR 55 billion. The in-house active management is performed by an experienced team of 65 employees located in Amsterdam, Hong Kong and New York.
Based in Amsterdam you will contribute to the development of an internal reporting and operations platform of the building blocks Real Estate and Infrastructure. This platform serves our stakeholders for their information needs and supports the Global Heads of Investment Strategy of Real Estate and Infrastructure. You will liaison with the teams in Amsterdam, Hong Kong and New York to perform the financial reporting and fulfill internal information demands via the platform. You will contribute to systems design and implementation by participating in various projects within and outside the building block. You will report to the Global Heads of investment Strategy of Real Estate and Infrastructure and to the Digital Officer Real Estate.
You are an ambitious person in the sense that you want to excel in your job, and to add value to the investment operation. You are analytically strong and have an automate everything attitude. You are a typical ‘self-starter’. Current situation and processes are not taken for granted, instead, you have a strong will to take things to a higher level. Managing (expectations of) stakeholders nationally as well as internationally comes to you naturally. You favor a team-based approach and you are driven to be successful in your position.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the global real estate and infrastructure reporting and operations platform in conjunction with the Digital Officer Real Estate and the co-worker fund controller.
- Advance the incorporation of relevant data sources and analysis
- Simplification and automation of existing manual processes
- Data management
- Using SQL to load, manipulate and maintain large quantities of data in our proprietary databases
- Developing innovative approaches to sourcing and cleaning data to produce meaningful insights
- Automating manual processes with VBA, Python, Alteryx and/or R
Furthermore we ask for:
- Up to 4 years of relevant experience in either a programmer or asset management environment
- A relevant degree from a top-tier school with strong quantitative foundations.
- Coding skills in R, Python or Alteryx is required
- Experience with BI tools such as Qlik Sense or Tableau is a plus
- Value creation mindset over the long term - broad minded, innovative, forward thinker
- Strong team player and communicator with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Adaptable and able to apply themselves to a broad range of demands
- Excellent English communication skills
- An excellent knowledge of the English language and preferably also of the Dutch language, spoken and written;
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. We like to invite you to apply.
Wie zijn wij?
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komaromi at +31 (0)6 12 41 79 27. If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and cover letter.
Applications for this position will be accepted at the latest until 30th of October, 2018 inclusive. Subsequently, the CV selection will be carried out and you will be notified of the outcome.