Would you like to contribute to affordable pensions for the current and coming generations? We offer a senior developer position in APG’s quantitative equity investment team. You create the software that researchers and portfolio managers use to design and implement investment strategies. Your ideas and systems will contribute to the team’s systematic and responsible investment strategy.
You will come to work in APG’s Quantitative Equity team in Amsterdam. Together with the team you are responsible for the research, development and portfolio management of quantitative investment strategies. The strategies are based on insights from academic literature in the fields of quantitative and behavioral finance, alternative data, machine learning, and our industry experience. The team’s live strategies will run on your software code. As a full member of the team you will bear the responsibility of the portfolio performance and as such actively participate in team meetings and discussions on research and portfolio management.
Who are we?
APG manages over €500 billion in assets for pension funds. APG provides the pension for one in five families in the Netherlands. APG plays a leading role in the pension sector, and focuses strongly on the transition towards sustainable investing. You will work in APG’s Quantitative Equities team within the business unit Asset Management. You will join a diverse team of 10 professionals with various nationalities, who are managing the internal systematic equity portfolios. Our core belief is that our ability to improve investment decision making using data and digital technologies will define our future success. We have been engaging on an ambitious multi-year digitalization journey, and need talent to drive that further.
What are we looking for?
Which responsibilities will you get?
- Professional programming skills (Matlab and SQL are preferred) and the ability to handle large datasets.
- At least 7 years of experience as Quantitative Developer, or in a similar role.
- A master’s degree or a PhD in Computer Science, IT, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Engineering, or related fields.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Team player who likes to help colleagues.
- Result orientation and problem solving mentality, eagerness to improve systems and processes.
- Interest in financial markets and knowledge about financial datasets is preferred.
- Maintain and develop software for back-testing investment strategies (research), for monitoring and rebalancing live portfolios and for data quality management.
- Take functional ownership of APG’s custom build IT platform.
- Represent the team in IT-related meetings with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure the team’s production code adheres to software development best practices.
APG supports a healthy work-life balance and encourages personal development. Salary and benefits are competitive in the Dutch labor market.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to an attractive salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer title every year since 2008.
Who are we?
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komáromi at +31 (0)6 12 41 79 27.